- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound Dierbergs wild caught fresh sea scallops (10 count)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Classic Basil Pesto (divided) (see recipe link in Directions)
In medium bowl, combine veggies and 2 tablespoons of the Classic Basil Pesto until well mixed; set aside.
Stir remaining 1 tablespoon Pesto into cooked orzo; set aside.
Pat scallops dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops to skillet; cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Turn scallops, reduced heat, and cook until opaque throughout and browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet; cover and keep warm.
Add veggies to skillet; cook stirring occasionally until veggies are crisp-tender and browned, about 8 minutes.
To serve, divide orzo among 4 serving plates. Top each with veggie mixture and scallops.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 29 mg
Fat: 12 g
Sodium: 494 mg
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Protein: 21 g
Saturated Fat: N/A