- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup water
- 3 large Dierbergs eggs
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (not light), softened
- 4 tablespoons Dierbergs butter, softened
- 1 box (16 ounces) powdered sugar (about 3¼ cups)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Spiced Nuts with Candied Ginger (see recipe link in Directions)
FOR CAKE: In large mixer bowl, combine pumpkin, water, and eggs; beat at low speed until well combined. Add cake mix, pie spice, and orange peel; beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
Pour into 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray.
Bake in 350°F. oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 28 to 33 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
FOR FROSTING: In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar, pie spice, and vanilla; beat just until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
Sprinkle Pumpkin Spiced Nuts with Candied Ginger over top of cake.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 77 mg
Fat: 19 g
Sodium: 322 mg
Carbohydrates: 67 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g