- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- ⅓ cup Dierbergs canola oil
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce
- 1 pound Dierbergs Applewood Smoked American Shrimp
- 1 cup diced baby cucumber
- 1 cup freshly shredded carrot
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
FOR GINGER LIME VINAIGRETTE: In small bowl, stir together lime peel, lime juice, vinegar, ginger root, black pepper, and hot sauce. Whisking vigorously, add oil in slow, steady steam until well mixed.
FOR SALAD Stand lettuce on core. Slice off rounded ends on left and right sides. Cut remaining lettuce into 4 even slices.
Place each lettuce slice on individual serving plate. Trim away core if necessary. Top each with shrimp, cucumber, carrot, and bell pepper. Drizzle Vinaigrette over salads; sprinkle peanuts over tops.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 227 mg
Fat: 37 g
Sodium: 390 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 31 g
Saturated Fat: N/A