- ½ cup Dierbergs flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs brown sugar
- 1 carton (10 ounces) baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bag (8 ounces) mini sweet peppers, stems and seeds removed
- ½ of 3-ounce package julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons rinsed and drained capers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 2 cartons (8.25 ounces each) chicken stock
- Hot cooked noodles
On sheet of waxed paper, combine flour and seasonings. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture for gravy. Dredge chicken in remaining flour mixture, shaking off excess. Discard remaining seasoned flour.
In Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches, adding additional olive oil as needed, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate; set aside.
In same pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, brown sugar, and season with salt and pepper; cook stirring frequently until onion is browned, about 15 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, sweet peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and balsamic glaze.
Return chicken along with any accumulated juices to pot; pour stock over top. Cover and bake in 325°F. oven until chicken is tender, about 1½ hours.
Transfer chicken to plate; bring mushroom mixture to a boil. Whisk the reserved 3 tablespoons flour mixture into ⅓ cup water until smooth. Slowly whisk into mushroom mixture until thickened.
Return chicken to pan to coat with sauce. Serve over hot cooked noodles.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 117 mg
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 319 mg
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Protein: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g