- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box (32 ounces) unsalted beef stock
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Dierbergs petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Dierbergs tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 large or 3 medium green bell peppers, quartered, seeded, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or fennel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) frozen long grain white rice, cooked according to package directions
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook stirring occasionally until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain off any fat.
Place meat mixture in 6-quart slow cooker that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Stir in remaining ingredients except rice.
Cover and cook 6 to 8 hours on low heat setting or 4 to 5 hours on high heat setting.
Serve over cooked rice.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 32 mg
Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 667 mg
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g