- 1 boneless sirloin tip steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup steak sauce (A-1)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon, whiskey, or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs canola oil
- ½ pound baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1½ cups slivered yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 container (5 ounces) spring greens or baby arugula
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
Place steak in freezer until partially frozen, about 30 minutes. Trim and discard excess fat from steak. Slice steak across the grain into thin strips about 2 to 3 inches long; place steak in medium bowl.
In small bowl, combine salt, pepper, rosemary, and smoked paprika. Sprinkle spices over steak; toss until well coated. Set aside.
In 1-cup glass measure, whisk together steak sauce, vinegar, bourbon, and honey; set aside.
Heat large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add canola oil and steak; stir-fry just until browned, about 2 minutes. Use slotted spoon to transfer steak to plate; set aside.
Add mushrooms to pan drippings in skillet, tossing until well coated; stir-fry until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add cooked steak along with any accumulated juices and steak sauce mixture; cook stirring occasionally until heated through and juices are reduced and clear, about 2 minutes.
In large bowl, toss greens with olive oil. Arrange greens on individual serving plates; spoon beef mixture along with juices over tops.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 840 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 21 g
Saturated Fat: N/A