- 1 refrigerated pie crust (½ of 14.1 ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups peeled and chopped fresh homegrown peaches
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup Dierbergs sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Freshly grated nutmeg
FOR TOPPING: On lightly floured surface, roll pie crust to remove creases.
Using small star cookie cutter, cut several stars from half of the pie crust. Cut remaining crust into ½ inch wide strips.
In small bowl, whisk together the 2 tablespoons sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
FOR FILLING: In large bowl, combine peaches, cherries, and lemon juice.
In small bowl, whisk together the ¾ cup sugar, cornstarch, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over peach mixture; gently stir until well-mixed.
Pour mixture into 10-inch cast iron skillet. Arrange pie crust cut-outs over top of filling; sprinkle with reserved sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Bake in 375°F. oven until top is browned and juices bubble, about 55 to 60 minutes., Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Fat: 6 g
Sodium: 123 mg
Carbohydrates: 51 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g