- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 package (16 ounces) Dierbergs Applewood Smoked Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings (divided)
- 4 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup slivered red onion
- 2 bags (5 to 6 ounces each) baby spinach
- ½ cup Dierbergs grated parmesan cheese
- 4 pasteurized eggs
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) Dierbergs Bakery Demi French Baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
Place bacon in 2-quart glass batter bowl; loosely cover with paper towel. Microwave high stirring every 3 minutes until crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings for Vinaigrette; reserve 1 tablespoon for cooking.
In small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, brown sugar and black pepper together until well mixed to make Bacon Vinaigrette.
In medium skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon reserved drippings and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook stirring occasionally until tender, about 3 minutes. Add Vinaigrette; cook stirring until heated through.
Place spinach in large bowl; pour mushroom mixture over top and toss until well mixed. Add parmesan; toss until well mixed.
Divide spinach among 4 large plates; top with reserved bacon.
In large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat. Carefully crack eggs into skillet; cover and cook until whites are set but yolks are still very runny, about 2 minutes.
Place 1 egg over top of each salad. Serve immediately with toasted Baguette slices.
Serving Size: Per serving
Cholesterol: 227 mg
Fat: 44 g
Sodium: 1669 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: N/A