- 4 fresh poblano peppers, halved, seeded and deveined
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen seasoned corn and black beans, thawed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Mexican-style petite diced tomatoes, undrained
Place 4 poblano peppers cut-side up in 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Dice remaining 4 poblano peppers; set aside.
In medium saucepan, combine broth, rice, and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, about 35 to 45 minutes. Stir in thawed vegetables, the diced poblanos, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
Spoon filling into peppers; spoon tomatoes along with their juice over top.
Cover and bake in 375°F. oven until peppers are tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. Uncover and top with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 51 mg
Fat: 19 g
Sodium: 1117 mg
Carbohydrates: 55 g
Protein: 26 g
Saturated Fat: N/A