- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs canola oil (divided)
- 2 pounds Dierbergs beef stew meat
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup slivered onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hot cooked rice
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef; cook stirring occasionally until beef is browned, about 6 minutes. Place beef in 4-quart slow cooker that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and beef.
Stir in broth, soy sauce, onion, ginger root, brown sugar, garlic, and pepper. Cover and cook 6 hours on low heat setting or 4 hours on high heat setting.
Stir cornstarch mixture into hot liquid in slow cooker. Add broccoli; cook on high heat stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
Serve over rice.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Fat: 8 g
Sodium: 854 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Protein: 29 g
Saturated Fat: N/A