- 1 pound ground pork (not sausage)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce (Kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) chopped water chestnuts, drained
- ¼ cup Dierbergs Fresh Cut Diced Red Bell Pepper
- ¼ cup Dierbergs Fresh Cut sliced green onion
- Butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Diced cucumber, radishes, or sugar snap peas (optional)
- Shredded carrot (optional)
- 1 can (3 ounces) crispy rice noodles (La Choy)
Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, ginger root, and garlic; stir-fry until pork is no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
Add plum sauce, soy sauce, water chestnuts, bell pepper, and green onion; cook stirring often until pork is evenly coated with sauce and mixture is heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
To serve, spoon warm pork mixture into lettuce leaves. Top with diced or shredded veggies of your choice; sprinkle rice noodles over top. Wrap to enclose filling. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 81 mg
Fat: 26 g
Sodium: 736 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Protein: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g