- 4 large bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, or green)
- ½ pound Plant-Based Ground Beef (Impossible)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) Dierbergs tomato sauce
- ⅔ cup couscous
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper; discard top of peppers. Remove and discard seeds and membranes; set peppers aside.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble meat substitute into hot skillet.
Add onion and garlic; cook stirring occasionally until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, couscous, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among peppers.
Add water to 6-quart slow cooker. Stand peppers upright; cover and cook on low heat setting until peppers are tender, about 5 to 7 hours.
If desired, garnish with pine nuts and cilantro.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 692 mg
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Protein: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g