- 1 package (15.75 to 18.25 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup Dierbergs canola oil
- 4 large Dierbergs eggs
- 2 cups freshly shredded carrot
- 1 cup Dierbergs chopped pecans (divided)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (not light), softened
- 4 tablespoons Dierbergs butter, softened
- 3 cups Dierbergs powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, pineapple with its juice, water, oil, and eggs; beat at low speed 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed for 1½ minutes.
Fold in carrots and ½ cup of the pecans.
Spread batter in 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been coated with no-stick cooking spray. Bake in 350˚F. oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely.
In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon; beat just until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
Sprinkle remaining pecans over top. Cover and chill several hours before serving.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 100 mg
Fat: 25 g
Sodium: 342 mg
Carbohydrates: 52 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: N/A