- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 teaspoons grated Meyer lemon peel, lemon peel, or orange peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice, lemon juice, or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground seasoned black pepper
Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.
TO STEAM: Pour 1 inch water into large deep skillet or Dutch oven and place steamer basket over water; bring to a boil over high heat.
Add asparagus spears; reduce heat, cover, and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
TO GRILL: Drizzle 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil over asparagus; toss to coat.
Place spears diagonally on grid over medium-high heat; cover and grill turning often until crisp-tender and slightly charred, about 5 to 7 minutes.
TO SERVE: Arrange asparagus on serving platter. Drizzle Meyer lemon juice and butter over asparagus. Sprinkle Meyer lemon peel, thyme, salt, and pepper over top.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 237 mg
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: N/A