- 1½ pounds beef sirloin or London broil, about 1 inch thick
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup coffee liqueur (Kahlúa, Tia Maria)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs butter
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs canola oil
- ½ pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and caps sliced
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
Place steak in large freezer-weight reclosable plastic bag.
In small bowl, stir together soy sauce and liqueur. Pour half of the mixture over steak; reserve remaining mixture for mushrooms. Seal bag and turn to coat meat. Place bag on plate and marinate in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours.
Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towels. Spread cracked pepper on sheet of waxed paper. Roll steak in pepper until lightly coated.
Let steak stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
In large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add shiitakes; cover and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
Stir in reserved soy sauce mixture; cook stirring frequently until most of liquid evaporates and mushrooms are glazed, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; let stand while grilling steak.
Place steak on oiled grid over medium-high heat; cover and grill until internal temperature is 145°F. for medium-rare, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain. Serve with glazed mushrooms.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 89 mg
Fat: 10 g
Sodium: 491 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 33 g
Saturated Fat: N/A