- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded Asiago cheese
Heat large saucepan over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into pan.
Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook stirring occasionally until meat is browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain off any fat.
Add tomatoes with their juice, broth, carrot, and seasoning; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in beans; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle Asiago over tops.
Serving Size: Per Serving without cheese
Cholesterol: 44 mg
Fat: 10 g
Sodium: 489 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Protein: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g