- 1 loaf (½ of 14-ounce package) Dierberg Bakery Italian Twin Loaf Bread
- 1½ cups Dierbergs milk
- 4 large Dierbergs eggs
- ½ cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package (8 ounces) Volpi Basil Rotola, sliced ½-inch thick and chopped
- ¼ cup Dierbergs grated parmesan cheese
Cut bread into ¾-inch cubes (about 8 cups). Spread on jellyroll pan and let dry about 8 hours.
In large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until well mixed.
Stir in bread cubes, sun-dried tomatoes, and parsley; let stand 5 minutes.
Pour half the bread mixture into 8-inch baking dish that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray.
Scatter Rotola over bread. Top with remaining bread mixture. Cover and chill overnight.
Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
Bake uncovered in 350°F. oven 20 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan over top; bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 134 mg
Fat: 16 g
Sodium: 671 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 23 g
Saturated Fat: N/A