- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine
- 3 cups water
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel (divided)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bags (1 pound each) Ultra Pure raw Black Tiger EZ Peel Shrimp (8 to 12 count), thawed
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) Dierbergs Kitchen Cocktail Sauce
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
In large stockpot, bring wine, water, herbs, 1 tablespoon of the lemon peel and the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to a simmer.
Add shrimp; simmer until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout, about 3 minutes.
Remove shrimp from liquid; cover and chill at least 4 hours.
In small bowl, whisk together cocktail sauce, vodka, the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon peel, and orange peel until well mixed. Cover and chill several hours or overnight to develop flavors.
Serve chilled shrimp with cocktail sauce.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 140 mg
Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 908 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 18 g
Saturated Fat: <1 g