- 2 packages (4 ounces each) sliced pancetta
- 6 slices Dierbergs Bakery sliced sourdough bread
- ¼ cup Dierbergs butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 carton (5 ounces) shredded gruyère cheese (about 2 cups)
In large skillet, cook pancetta in batches over medium-high heat until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper-towel lined plate; set aside.
Spread butter over both sides of bread slices; place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake in 400°F. oven until lightly toasted, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
In small bowl, whisk together preserves and mustard. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mixture over top side of each bread slice.
For each open-faced sandwich, layer 3 slices pancetta, apple slices, and shredded cheese. Bake in 400°F. oven until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Serving Size: Per sandwich
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Fat: 33 g
Sodium: 915 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 13 g
Saturated Fat: N/A