- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and sliced
- 4 tablespoons Dierbergs butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1½ cups)
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
Place cauliflower and 2 cups water in large saucepan; cover and cook over medium-high heat until crisp-tender. Drain well; place in 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with no-stick cooking spray.
Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in 4-cup glass measure; microwave high until melted.
Whisk in flour, salt, white pepper, and nutmeg; slowly whisk in cream. Microwave high whisking every 2 minutes until thickened and smooth, about 6 minutes.
Stir in cheese; pour over cauliflower.
Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in microwave-safe bowl; microwave high until melted. Stir in bread crumbs until evenly coated. Sprinkle over gratin.
Bake in 400°F. oven until heated through and top is lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 84 mg
Fat: 25 g
Sodium: 487 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: N/A