- 3 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 4 ounces (½ of 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Dierbergs sour cream
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut onion slices in half. In large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook stirring occasionally until onions wilt and begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
Stir in garlic, seasoned salt, and ground red pepper; reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally until onions are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
In work bowl of food processor fitted with steel knife blade; process cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until smooth.
Add onions; pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with kettle cooked potato chips.
Serving Size: Per 2 tablespoons (without potato chips)
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Fat: 8 g
Sodium: 137 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: N/A