- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs canola oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups thickly sliced carrot
- 2 cups thickly sliced celery
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Dierbergs flour, dissolved in ¼ cup water
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef; cook stirring occasionally until beef is browned, about 6 minutes. Place beef in 4-quart slow cooker that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and beef.
Add carrot, celery, potato, onion, broth, garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to slow cooker. Cover and cook 6 hours on low heat setting or 4 hours on high heat setting.
Slowly whisk flour mixture into slow cooker; cook stirring frequently until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
Remove and discard bay leaf. Ladle into serving bowls.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 81 mg
Fat: 15 g
Sodium: 559 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 36 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g