- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs canola oil (divided)
- 2 pounds Dierbergs beef stew meat
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper, quartered, seeded, deveined, and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (15 ounces) Dierbergs Bakehouse Submarine Rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) Dierbergs provolone cheese slices
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef; cook stirring occasionally until beef is browned, about 6 minutes. Place beef in 4-quart slow cooker that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and beef.
Stir in broth, beer, Worcestershire, 3 cloves of the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook 6 hours on low heat setting or 4 hours on high heat setting.
Remove meat from slow cooker; cover and let stand 5 minutes before shredding. Return shredded meat along with any accumulated juices to slow cooker.
In large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add remaining 2 cloves garlic; cook stirring occasionally until veggies are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Divide meat among rolls. Top each with cooked veggies and cheese slices. Broil 6-inches from heat source until cheese is melted and browned, about 2 minutes.
Serving Size: Per sandwich
Cholesterol: 137 mg
Fat: 33 g
Sodium: 1589 mg
Carbohydrates: 63 g
Protein: 63 g
Saturated Fat: N/A