- 2 black chai tea bags
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 salmon fillet, cut into 6 strips (about 1½ to 2 pounds)
Place tea bags in 1-cup glass measure; pour boiling water over tea bags. Steep 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in remaining ingredients except salmon. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
Lightly coat salmon with no-stick cooking spray. Place salmon flesh-side down on oiled grid over medium-high heat; cover and grill 4 minutes. Turn fish skin-side down with large metal spatula.
Stir glaze and spoon over fish; cover and grill, spooning additional glaze occasionally over salmon, until opaque throughout and internal temperature is 145ºF., about 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
Slide spatula between skin and flesh; remove fish from grill. Discard skin.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Fat: 16 g
Sodium: 92 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Protein: 23 g
Saturated Fat: N/A