- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean Jerk seasoning
- 1½ pounds thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil (divided)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup dark rum
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 slice (¼ inch thick) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits in juice, well drained
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- ½ cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons Beurre Manié
FOR BEURRE MANIE: In small bowl, stir together ½ cup softened butter and ½ cup flour until well mixed. Drop tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper; freeze several hours or overnight. Once completely frozen, place in reclosable plastic bag and freeze until ready to use.
FOR CHICKEN: In small bowl, stir together brown sugar and Jerk seasoning. Brush Dijon over both sides of chicken. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over both sides of chicken.
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches adding oil as needed until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate; cover and keep warm.
Place pan with drippings over medium-high heat. Add broth; stir to scrape brown bits from bottom of pan. Remove from heat; stir in rum. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until reduced to 1½ cups, about 6 minutes. Gradually whisk in Beurre Manié until smooth; cook whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Strain and drizzle over chicken.
FOR PINEAPPLE RICE Prepare rice according to package directions, adding ginger root, butter, and salt before cooking. Remove and discard ginger root. Stir in pineapple, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cashews and cilantro. Fluff rice with fork before serving.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 93 mg
Fat: 11 g
Sodium: 601 mg
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 27 g
Saturated Fat: N/A