- 1 thick slice Dierbergs Bakery artisan bread (about ½ inch thick) (Pain Beaucaire, European Hearth, Sourdough)
- 3 teaspoons Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 slices homegrown tomato
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Brush 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over each side of bread. Broil on foil-lined baking sheet 6 inches from heat source until toasted on both sides.
Top toasted bread with tomato, mozzarella, and drizzle of Balsamic Glaze. Broil until cheese is melted, about 2 to 4 minutes.
Top with basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil over top.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Fat: 26 g
Sodium: 294 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 14 g
Saturated Fat: N/A