- ½ pound fully-cooked andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 box (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Hot pepper sauce
- 1½ cups long grain rice, cooked according to package directions
In large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook andouille stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, seasoning, and bay leaves; cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Add beans and broth; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves.
Season with hot pepper sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Fat: 8 g
Sodium: 886 mg
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Protein: 14 g
Saturated Fat: N/A