- 1 flat-cut beef brisket (about 4 to 4½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- 1 cup sliced shallot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Dierbergs diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cartons (8.25 ounces each) beef stock
- 1 can (6 ounces) Dierbergs tomato paste
Trim fat from brisket.
In small bowl, combine brown sugar and seasonings; sprinkle over all sides of brisket gently rubbing into meat. Wrap brisket tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
In Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove plastic wrap from brisket. Add brisket to pan; cook until browned, about 6 minutes per side. Add shallot, celery, carrot, bell pepper, garlic, and tomatoes. In 4-cup measure, whisk together stock and tomato paste; pour over brisket.
Cover and bake in 325°F. oven until meat is tender, about 4½ to 5 hours. Remove brisket from pan, cool slightly before thinly slicing across the grain.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 105 mg
Fat: 12 g
Sodium: 1563 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g