- 6 cups Dierbergs Bakery bread, cubed or torn and allowed to dry for several hours or overnight
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups 1% milk
- ⅔ cup Dierbergs sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- 2 large Dierbergs eggs, lightly beaten, OR ½ cup egg substitute
- ½ cup reduced-sugar sweetened dried cranberries, raisins, or golden raisins
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or whiskey
- Dash ground cinnamon
FOR BREAD PUDDING: Place bread, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl; toss until well mixed. Set aside.
In 4-cup glass measure, combine milk, sugar, and butter. Microwave high stirring every minute until sugar dissolves and butter melts, about 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs. Pour over bread cubes in bowl.
Stir in dried cranberries. Let stand, pressing occasionally on bread to evenly moisten, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Place bread mixture in 8-inch square baking dish that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Bake in 350°F. oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
FOR SAUCE: Pour caramel topping into 2-cup glass measure. Microwave high 1 minute. Let stand 1 minute. Stir in bourbon and cinnamon until smooth.
TO SERVE: Spoon Bread Pudding into serving bowls and drizzle warm Bourbon Caramel Sauce over top.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Fat: 10 g
Sodium: 418 mg
Carbohydrates: 82 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: N/A