- 1 bunch small beets, tops removed and trimmed
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed
- 1 container (8 ounces) crème fraîche, at room temperature
- 1 log (4 ounces) herbed goat cheese, softened
- 1 carton (3 ounces) oven-baked parm crisps (Kitchen Table)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
Place beets in steamer basket over large pot of boiling water, cover, and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes.
Under cold running water, rub beets to remove skins. Slice beets; set aside.
Cut each fennel bulb in half, then thinly slice; set aside.
In small bowl, gently stir crème fraîche and goat cheese together just until combined. (If stirred too long, crème fraîche will become grainy.)
Spread very small amount over top of crisps (just enough to hold beet in place). Top each with beet slice, dollop of crème fraîche mixture, fennel slices, toasted walnuts, and drizzle of olive oil.
Serving Size: Per crisp
Cholesterol: 38 mg
Fat: 14 g
Sodium: 122 mg
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g