- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- ½ cup diced G & W andouille sausage (about 1 link)
- ¼ cup diced shallot
- 1 to 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Dierbergs diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer (Blue Moon Belgian-Style Wheat Ale or lager beer)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Prince Edward Island mussels, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
In Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add andouille, shallot, and garlic; cook stirring often 1 to 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, beer, salt, and pepper; cook stirring to scrape brown bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Add mussels (discard any opened mussels that won’t close when shells are tapped); cover and cook until mussels open, about 3 to 4 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels.
Spoon mussels and broth/pan juices into shallow bowls. Sprinkle parsley over top. Serve with sliced crusty bread.
Serving Size: Per appetizer
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 327 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: N/A