- 1½ pounds beef petite tenders
- Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- 1 container (12 ounces) Dierbergs Kitchen Beef au Jus Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniel’s whiskey
- 4 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- ½ cup finely diced shallot
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 containers (10 ounces each) baby spinach, with long stems removed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 container (8 ounces) jumbo claw crab meat (Seafood Department)
Trim and discard fat and silver skin from beef. Season with steak seasoning.
In large oven-proof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; cook until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes. Roast in 400°F. oven until internal temperature is 140°F., about 15 to 20 minutes. (Reserve pan with drippings.) Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
In small saucepan, whisk together au jus and whiskey; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally 5 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
Meanwhile, in same large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot, bell pepper, and garlic; cook stirring often 1 minute. Whisk in vermouth and lemon juice; cook stirring occasionally until reduced by half. Stir in half of the spinach; cover and cook stirring occasionally until wilted, about 2 minutes. Push spinach to side of skillet. Add remaining spinach, cover, and cook stirring occasionally until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide spinach among 4 serving plates; top with beef medallion, crab, and drizzle of sauce.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 96 mg
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 489 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g