- 4 Dierbergs Signature Fresh Ground Beef Chuck Patties (4 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about ½ pound)
- 1 can (8 ounces) diced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup diagonally sliced green onions
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
Season both sides of patties with salt and pepper.
In large skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat just until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
Drain fat from skillet. Deglaze pan with beef broth, stir to scrape browned bits from bottom of pan. Return patties to skillet. Add broccoli, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce; cook until internal temperature of patties is 160°F., about 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook stirring frequently until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in green onions.
Serve over hot cooked rice.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 70 mg
Fat: 18 g
Sodium: 753 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: 25 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g