- 1 flat-cut beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- ¼ cup Dierbergs flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced ½-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 6 cloves garlic, slivered
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 package (3 ounces) dried tart cherries
Trim fat from brisket. Place in 9 x 13-inch roasting pan.
In small bowl, combine flour, oregano, and pepper; sprinkle over top of beef. Arrange onions over top. Add broth, wine, garlic, and bay leaves. Cover tightly and bake in 350°F. oven for 3½ to 4 hours.
Remove brisket from pan, reserving pan with sauce. Remove and discard bay leaves. Cool beef slightly before thinly slicing across the grain.
Return beef to sauce in pan; top with mushrooms and cherries. Cover and bake until mushrooms are tender, about 50 minutes.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 142 mg
Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 325 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 50 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g