- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs canola oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) Dierbergs tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Dierbergs Bakery hamburger buns, toasted
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, brown sugar, ginger root, and garlic; cook stirring frequently until onion wilts, about 5 minutes.
Crumble turkey into skillet; cook, stirring often with wooden spoon to break meat into small pieces, until no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce and hoisin; cook stirring often until thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime juice. Season with pepper. Serve on buns.
Serving Size: Per Sandwich
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 616 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g