- 2 cartons (8.25 ounces each) vegetable or chicken stock
- ¾ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste (Dierbergs Produce Department)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 container (18 ounces) Dierbergs Fresh Cut Sweet Potatoes
- 1 bunch fresh rainbow carrots, tops removed, scrubbed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and halved
- Grated peel from 1 orange
In 1-cup glass measure, whisk together stock, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and lemongrass paste; set aside.
IF BRAISING IN OVEN: In Dutch oven, combine remaining ingredients. Pour stock mixture over top, cover, and bake in 325°F. oven stirring every 30 minutes until veggies are tender, about 1½ to 2 hours.
IF BRAISING IN SLOW COOKER: In slow cooker, combine remaining ingredients. Pour stock mixture over top and cover. Cook on low setting for 2-3 hours or till vegetables are tender.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 819 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: <1 g