- 3 cups Dierbergs milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken base (Better Than Bouillon)
- ¾ cup quick-cooking grits
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons Dierbergs butter (divided)
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 package (4 ounces) diced pancetta
- ½ pound Dierbergs Kitchen Bob’s BBQ Smoked Shrimp (order 24 hours in advance from Deli)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
In large saucepan, bring milk and chicken base to a boil over medium-high heat. Slowly whisk in grits, salt, and pepper; reduce heat, cover, and cook stirring often until milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 3 tablespoons of the butter and the cheese.
In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pancetta stirring frequently until browned, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, green onion, garlic, and lemon juice; stir until well combined.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and hot pepper sauce; cook stirring often until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Place grits in serving bowl; top with shrimp mixture.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 118 mg
Fat: 29 g
Sodium: 866 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g